FuturEU - Event 4
Published at 2019-10-07
The project «Citizens’ Reflections on the Future of EUrope» was funded with the support of the European Union under the Programme "Europe for Citizens"
The event involved 69 citizens, including
- 3 participants from the city of Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 2 participants from the city of Madrid (Spain)
- 2 participants from the city of Suhl (Germany)
- 2 participants from the city of Prague (Czech Republic)
- 2 participants from Belgium
- 2 participants from the city of Warsaw (Poland)
- 1 participants from the city of Nicosia (Cyprus)
- 1 participant from the city of Slavonski Brod (Croatia)
- 54 participants from the city of Milan and surroundings (Italy)
Location / Dates 📅:
The event took place in Milan, Italy, from 25/09/2019 to 27/09/2019.
Short description 📝:
The aim of the event was raised awareness on social Europe and the specifics of social solidarity in different MS; creating an environment of sharing citizens attitudes, concerns and threats on social issues in 8 MS and debating the financial instruments for social change and the national specifics of the social policy in the EU member states. The forum took place in wo parts as it was planned. In the first one, the theme of social Europe was presented by EU social policy experts, including the European Parliament member Patrizia Toiu. Other speakers addressed issues relating to the involvement of society in the formation of a social Europe or the current problems of social policy in Italy – for example, social housing and its use. That was followed by a round table where the main topic was the impact of national and local social policy, the solidarity issue in times of crisis. Caritas Ambrosiana shared its pilot solidarity projects and campaigns in the youth exchange of experience "Ask Animondo". The citizens' forum elaborated on reflections and advocacy on social Europe, solidarity in crisis, marked citizens' expectations on social aspects in Europe and the different country faces of solidarity. The discussion among the participants and the EP member Patrizia Toiu provoked many questions about the fair future and everyday life in the Union. The participants drafted recommendations on the desired social policy.